Tuesday 2 April 2013

XXXIV


Lately: dried herbs, Nike Frees, Dior Addict Lip Glow, Byredo Bibliothèque Candle, Fat Magazine

I go back and forth on fashion and clothes. On the one hand, I love looking at pictures of the shows, reading about it, browsing through the editorials and seeing the different ways that people choose to interpret looks through personal style. On the other hand the superficiality, judgement (eg. Susy Menkes vs. The Man Repeller) and throw-away trendiness of it bums me out. But then something will catch my eye - I'll see the way Gaia Repossi is wearing her coat, re-read some great interview with Sally Singer or see an incredible piece on The Bind and my affection for it returns.

Some spring things:
  • I'm jumping ahead but I (along with everyone else, it seems) just loved Céline Fall 2013 - the volumes & the palette are so, so good (I want to dress just like Phoebe Philo, pretty much)
  • Dries Please - my favourite show of the Spring 2013 season & how I would like to dress (in my dreams)

2 comments:

  1. I have the same mixed feelings about fashion. I am dying for some Nike Frees but am trying to trick myself into actually running regularly for a few months before I buy them so we'll see if I ever get them. The Free x Liberty collaboration is pretty much perfect, ugh. And yes, Jean Seberg's wardbrode in Bonjour Tristesse is so good. Such a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like those Nike x Liberty ones! The Nike Gyakusou collection has some lovely colours as well. The Frees are so comfy, I just want to wear runners all day now.

      Delete